[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bill Eccles <Bill dot lists at Eccles dot net>
 To:  Bill Eccles <Bill dot lists at eccles dot net>
 Cc:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] FQDNs and Remote gateways
 Date:  Sat, 24 Sep 2005 13:08:30 -0400
I probably should have mentioned in my first post that the tunnel is
to be between two m0n0wall boxes.

Bill

On Sep 24, 2005, at 1:03 PM, Bill Eccles wrote:

If I understand the operation of the system correctly, though, one of
the ends, an initiator, must be able to send the request to the
responder, which it can only "find" if it knows the IP address of the
remote end. If the remote end has a dynamic IP address, then it must
use a FQDN to resolve the address to the raw IP address in order to
know where to send the request. Reversing the situation and making
the other end the initiator doesn't work because both ends are
dynamically addressed.

And since m0n0wall won't allow a FQDN in the Remote gateway field,
I'm stuck.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
Bill

On Sep 24, 2005, at 12:57 PM, Jonathan De Graeve wrote:

Use responder only and fill in initiator id

J.

--
Jonathan De Graeve
Network/System Administrator