[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Carsten Holbach <Carsten dot Holbach at gmx dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] New Monowall and Newbie
 Date:  Sun, 25 Sep 2005 00:05:10 +0200
Darrell Whitfield wrote:

>Yes,I have it that way now...just want to max...performance...

What kind of performance? Throughput? You won't raise it by connecting
each client to it's own NIC. If that was the case, each server in LAN
had as many NICs as clients are to be connected. Use a switch, that is
what they are for!

>I've been reading the achives...and I see other configs.
>There are no advantages of putting voip or dmz (xbox) in there own interface?

The only advantage is, or the only sense I see in connecting clients to
their own NICs is that they won't see each other if you do not want them
to. That is not need in most home environments, and not in your
situation, IMHO.

Carsten