[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall dash doc dash announce at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  new doc site and 1.2 doc changes
 Date:  Sun, 25 Sep 2005 21:39:39 -0400
Hey all,

The m0n0wall documentation is moving to http://doc.m0n0.ch/ for the
1.2 release.  I slapped up an index page for now that'll be fixed
later (this site just got started yesterday).

The major completed changes right now are the new quick start guides.
I've split them up into three guides for the three distint platforms,
PC, Soekris, WRAP, to make them more "quick".  :)  There are things on
each platform that don't apply to the other platforms, so it makes it
easier for new users, the target of these guides, if the
non-applicable stuff is removed.

The new PC Quick Start is still a work in progress, but I consider the
Soekris and WRAP guides to be almost complete (pending 1.2's release
so I can finish the TODO's and FIXME's in each).  I would appreciate
if you could review these, and send me comments on anything that's
incorrect, misleading, missing, or could be clarified.

http://doc.m0n0.ch/quickstartsoekris/
http://doc.m0n0.ch/quickstartwrap/

As for the rest, the developers' guide is new, though the content
isn't.  I pulled out everything development related from the old Users
Guide and basically just threw it into that for now.  I'll work on
cleaning it up a bit and adding some minor things to it, but I'm not
involved much in development.  If someone more familiar with
developing for m0n0wall would like to contribute something for that,
please email me.

The Users Guide is now called the Handbook.  Why?  Because I like the
name better, and that seems to be the BSD way of naming docs.  :)
It's also still a work in progress, but you will find much new and
changed content in what is up now on http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/.

The existing documentation on the main site is still there for now,
but will not see any changes.  It will be removed soon, once I get
doc.m0n0.ch in a bit better shape.

cheers,
-Chris