[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Spaloss <jspaloss at gmail dot com>
 To:  PixSell <pixsell at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Silly question from a rookie
 Date:  Sun, 25 Sep 2005 22:33:19 -0400
Are your Server (10.10.10.9 <http://10.10.10.9>) and you other devices (
10.10.10.240-254) on the same interface? If they are, then they are not
going through the firewall and thus can not be filtered. If you want to
filter traffic between the server and other devices, you will need to add a
third interface to m0n0wall. You can configure this third (OPT) interface a
different subnet, or if you want to keep your addresses the same, you can
bridge the OPT interface to lan, and configure a filtering bridge (see
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/examples-filtered-bridge.html). With the
filtering bridge in place, you can then filter traffic between the client
devices and the server.