[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Using m0n0 as VPN server, DHCP, DNS, etc. but *not* gateway
 Date:  Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:56:12 +0100
I have a client who has to connect to their ADSL provider using an internal
PCI modem (don't ask - long story), which works fine with Smoothwall/IPCop,
but not with m0n0.

Ideally, I'd like to use m0n0 as a DHCP + DNS + PPTP server, but *not* the
default gateway itself, instead with the IPCop box as the default gateway.
Has anyone successfully got this scenario working? The only change from the
"normal" m0n0 configuration would be the DHCP shouldn't be giving m0n0's IP
address as the default gateway, but instead another address.

Why do I want to do this? Well, IPCop doesn't have PPTP VPN capability, and
spending lots of money on licences for <insert choice of ipsec client> isn't
going to happen. Oh, and m0n0's config is a lot nicer than SW/IPCop.

Thanks in advance folks.

Regards,

Chris