[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] new doc site and 1.2 doc changes
 Date:  Mon, 26 Sep 2005 20:41:12 +0200
On 26.09.05 11:27 -0400, Chris Buechler wrote:

> Good idea - any suggestions on how to best accomplish this?  I have
> a Mac, but have never used it to write CF's.

I usually connect a USB CF reader to my Mac and insert the CF. If Mac
OS X croaks that it can't read the format, I just click "Ignore".
Then I use "disktool -l" to list all drives and usually find that the
CF is /dev/disk1 (with disk0 being my HD). Finally, the usual "gzcat
bla.img | dd bs=16k of=/dev/disk1" does the trick.

- Manuel