[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Yates <steve at teamITS dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Setting M0n0wall as Transparenet Firewall
 Date:  Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:41:40 -0500
On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:12:24 -0400
Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:

> the answer to "can m0n0wall be setup as transparent?" is
> "act in bridge mode".

	A question about this...I was under the impression that a
transparent firewall had no IP address?  I understand one can use the
firewall rules to block all WAN/OPT traffic to the m0n0wall but it still
"officially" needs a WAN IP.  As others have mentioned it is possible to
manually edit the config file to remove the WAN IP and boot a
functioning m0n0wall, but the GUI doesn't seem to allow this.

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Why does sour cream have an expiration date?

~ Taglines by Taglinator 4 - www.srtware.com ~