[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  yamahito <yamahito at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Using m0n0 as VPN server, DHCP, DNS, etc. but *not* gateway
 Date:  Mon, 26 Sep 2005 14:31:37 +0100
> > Why not setup IPCop as a router (pass everything) and then
> > connect the LAN (do they still call it the "green" interface)
> > to the m0n0wall's WAN?
> > This may require multiple IPs or some tricky NATing.
>
> This would involve passing through double-NAT, which I'm loathed to do
> unless it's the only option. They only get one dynamic IP from the ISP, so
> multiple IPs isn't an option here.

Not familiar with IPCop, but does it have to be NATed?  can't you get
it to do true routing?  Essentially run the IPCop (even plain
bsd/linux?) as a sort of ethernet ADSL modem?  Not sure whether or not
that would be accomplished by your wildcard static route, but that's
what my first thought would be...