[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Setting up VPN
 Date:  Tue, 27 Sep 2005 00:25:19 -0400
On 9/23/05, Kevyn Jones <kevyn at vista dot eclipse dot co dot uk> wrote:
> HI Brett,
>
> Not really sure what you are saying but my setup is as follows:
>
> pptp client from a 158 network, I can pptp to any other server from this network......
>
> my Linksys modem is bridging the m0n0wall to ISP so I have a permanent IP on 213.***.**.***
>
> The only NAT rule I have is :
>
> WAN TCP 7389 10.0.0.142 7389 Soulseek
> Firewall rules I have:
>

> WAN interface
>
>  ProtoSourcePortDestinationPortDescription
>
>  TCP * * 10.0.0.142 7389 NAT Soulseek
>
> PPTP clients
>
>  ProtoSourcePortDestinationPortDescription
>
>  TCP * * 10.0.0.160 22 (SSH) PPTP -> SSH HPUX
>
> LAN interface
>
>  ProtoSourcePortDestinationPortDescription
>
>  * LAN net * * * Default LAN -> any

Your setup all looks fine.  At what point are you having problems now?
 You getting connected successfully?  From there, the only thing
you're going to be able to hit is SSH on 10.0.0.160, since that's all
you're allowing on the PPTP clients firewall rule (not sure if that
was intended or not).  Probably be good to at least open up ICMP as
well so you can test connectivity by pinging over the connection.

-Chris