[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jonathan Mezach <jmezach at home dot nl>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DHCP and DNS issues
 Date:  Tue, 27 Sep 2005 19:56:49 +0200
Hmm, it used to work, but you might be right that it doesn't show up in
the leases file. It should still however show up in the DNS, but
unfortunately thats not the case. When trying to ping my machine using
its hostname, Windows says it can't find the hostname. When using
nslookup it requests the IP from my router (m0n0wall.mezach.lan) but it
says it cannot find the hostname because its a non-existent domain. Any
ideas what might have caused this?