[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  "m0n0 list" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Monowall on Xen
 Date:  Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:30:17 -0500
I believe the general arguments against running a firewall on a
virtualized environment is not about performance, but one of security of
the host OS (the host being the system that is running Xen, VMWare, MS
Virtual PC, bochs, etc.). If the firewall is compromised, then the host
could be compromised. The difficulty with **completely** isolating
network cards for the use of the virtualization system (Xen or what
ever) may prove to take more efforts that it is worth.

As far as I know v1.2 will be 4.11 based. The was a posting that there
will be discussion on platform OS for post-1.2 releases. Someone correct
me if I am wrong...

James W. McKeand

p.s. Please reply to list so others can share in the conversation.