[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jonathan Mezach <jmezach at home dot nl>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DHCP and DNS issues
 Date:  Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:52:47 +0200
When trying to access my desktop from my laptop using the FQDN (which
should be jonathan.mezach.lan) it doesn't work. However, when accessing
it by IP (\\192.168.0.254) it works fine. I also noticed that the
following is in /etc/resolv.conf:

nameserver 192.168.0.1
search mezach.lan

So it seams that its getting the right domain name supplied by the DHCP
server.