[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jonathan Mezach <jmezach at home dot nl>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DHCP and DNS issues
 Date:  Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:59:26 +0200
Okay, it actually was a Samba issue. For some reason, nmbd didn't get
started, but smbd did. Once I started nmbd I could use \\jonathan from
my laptop again. I must have thought it was a m0n0wall issue because it
was working before since the upgrade on my machine. It must have been
some pid files lying about or something that caused nmbd not to get started.

Anyway, thanks for the help, really appreciate it. And I guess there's
something good out of this whole thing, now I have a recent version of
m0n0wall running on my server and the posibility to upgrade it fairly
easily which I couldn't do before, because the CDrom I was booting it
from couldn't read rewritable CD's ;).