[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Fwd: [m0n0wall] monowall and call droping
 Date:  Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:20:55 -0400
meant for the list...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tomas Florian <tomas at florien dot ca>
Date: Sep 27, 2005 2:25 PM
Subject: RE: [m0n0wall] monowall and call droping
To: Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>

If you are using SIP protocol, Asterisk, and NAT my guess would be that you
need to send keep-alives so that monowall doesn't close the inactive port.

In asterisk you can accomplish that with the qualify=yes option

But if you have control over your own monowall then the more robust way is
to look at asterisk documentation and open up all of the required ports
permanently.

Tomas