[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Wass <mark dot wass at market dash analyst dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Opt interface Rules
 Date:  Wed, 28 Sep 2005 16:57:04 +1000
Hi All

Fairly simple question, but I just want to check.

I will have a server on the Opt1 interface with a real IP, this server
will have a web service running on it.

What I want to know is what rules do I have to create on the Opt1
interface to allow web access?

This is what I thought I may have to add

Pass/Block      Proto        Source        Port           Destination
        Port
    Pass            TCP            *                *
X.X.X.X            80

Do I have to add another rule allowing traffic from the server from port
80 backout to the Internet?

Also will I have to add any rules to allow access to this server from
LAN interface?

Thanks