[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] monowall and call droping
 Date:  Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:06:56 +0100
> > cisco modem >>>monowall>>>astersik
> > while making calls i am getting dropp calls which varies during the
> > day,
> > is there some port to be opened on the monowall or is there another
> > adjustment in configuration to do that

You haven't said which protocol you're using to make/receive the calls. If
you're using IAX you need to allow port 4569 (UDP) through, if you're using
SIP, allow 5060 (UDP) and 10,000-20,000 (UDP) for the RTP streams. You can
adjust this port range if required in rtp.conf. You need 4 RTP ports per
call.

> shouldn't be, no.  you sure it's actually m0n0wall that's
> causing the drops?  I'm not familiar with asterisk, so not
> sure how you'd go about troubleshooting to see if it's
> causing it, or if it knows why it's happening.

It's pretty unusual for even heavy traffic to cause calls to drop
altogether. In my experience in heavy traffic scenarios call quality drops
massively, echo is introduced and a delay of about 2 seconds kicks in, but I
don't think calls have ever dropped altogether.

Is it possible the OP is on a *very* dynamic IP and the IP's changing in the
middle of a call?

Regards,

Chris