[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Carsten Holbach <Carsten dot Holbach at gmx dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: count down
 Date:  Wed, 28 Sep 2005 15:38:45 +0200
PixSell wrote:

> Hello Carsten,

He means me :-)

>  I wonder if it s possiblie to attribute that option to your time
> based auth; i.e.: The time (ex.+120 minutes) will only count down when
> the user get connected for the first time. Even if it is a week after
> I create the user.

Basically, sure. I needed the time based access fast, so I was very
happy that I just had to change a few lines to implement it. Enabling
the count-down in a way you describe it would mean more changes to the
way accounts are handled, and how their information are stored. At the
moment, it's all absolute: "Let the user X access until thenandthen".
You mean a relative solution.

>  I thing it could be a good option, dont you ?

Yeah, I think that's a nice feature. Unfortunately I do not have the
time to go deeper into the built in user manager at the moment. Until
somebody else wants to change it, it has to wait.

Greetings
Carsten