[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Robert Roosen" <rroosen at ut dot edu>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Captive Portal Problem
 Date:  Wed, 28 Sep 2005 11:47:08 -0400
I have m0n0wall 1.2b10  running on a 1 gig with a gig of ram. I have dhcp
running on a windows 2000 box with about 800 leases. The problem comes in
when a user accepts the captive portal page and browses for 10 minutes and
then shuts off their computer ,I turn on mine and pull the ip address they
just had and open a browser  I do not  get the captive portal page I get
nothing. The captive portal status shows their mac address to that IP
because the hard timeout is 24 hours the system logs show /kernel: arp:
172.20.13.34 moved from 00:12:f0:5b:19:a4 to 00:0d:93:7d:c7:50 on fxp0 so it
knows that my mac now holds that ip but captive portal blocks me.I have to
delete the entry from captive portal to be prompted by captive portal. I had
1.1 version and dhcp running on monowall and had same problem so I took dhcp
off.
Any help is appreciated
Robert