[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall throughput is awful.
 Date:  Wed, 28 Sep 2005 11:48:28 -0400
On 9/28/05, Anastasija Bosiha <anastasija dot bosiha at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I get throughput about 33Mbps with 1.2b7 on PentiumIII, 700 MHz and Realtek
> NIC. I send data from one PC to another with m0n0wall between.

that seems about right with Realtek NIC's.  I've never been able to
get more than 70 Mb through a single one of those on a ~700 MHz box,
so when you add a second, you basically split that in half (double the
interrupts) for ~35 Mb.  With Intels you could probably get 90+ Mb
(yes, there is that much of a difference).

-Chris