[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: RADIUS 2.
 Date:  Wed, 28 Sep 2005 20:40:20 +0200
>Ok I will tell him, but he needs freeBSD 4.11 platform to do it.

>1.2b11 do you know when it will be released

>in fact I thought it was going to be 1.2

1.2b11 will never see the daylight, it will be 1.2 indeed

My work will certainly be integrated in 1.3b1, just had an offlist email
from Manuel

I mainly left the radius_accounting.inc intact for speed (in
interim-updates its called every minute and it wasn't necessary to
restyle)

What I intend to also implement:

1) Bugfix => When radius authentication request times out there's no
error given and the captive portal will just give a white blank page
(fix it in October 2005)

2) Working Session-Timeout (which you have to say yourself in the webgui
if you want it or not) (information from Manuel how he implemented the
idle-timer would be helpful ;) )

3) Working further on Rob Parkers Bandwidth limit thing (don't know if
we are going to use dshaper or not)

4) Had 1 request to add called-station-id in authentication request
(doesn't break rfc so will look at that, the code is nice so its very
easy now to add extra attributes or do something with the retrieved
attributes)

5) Radius user information displayed in the disconnect popup.

How long the user has left or something, need to have more information
for this. Need user input from what they exactly want it to have

6) Different terminate causes (its only User-Request at the moment)

7) Accounting On/Off feature where already logged on users can survive a
reboot (Not sure if this will make it, need a better full view on
m0n0wall before I can do this)

Not going to implement because it could all be done with freeradius
without any problems (I have this working in production) and its
something a NAS shouldn't have to worry about. (correct me if I'm wrong
;) )

-Radius volume limits

-Radius total session time limits

-Radius session limit with first use counter (saw that on the list)

>Thank you anyway

No problem