[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Wass <mark dot wass at market dash analyst dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Rules to Servers on Opt1
 Date:  Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:17:47 +1000
Hi All

Couple of quick questions,

If I have a web server on Opt1 that has a REAL IP of A.B.C.2/27 is this
the correct rule to allow access to it from the WAN interface.

Opt1 IP is in the same subnet as the server A.B.C.1/27

Rule on the WAN interface
Pass/Block   Proto    Source   Port   Destination   Port
   Pass        *        *       *      A.B.C.2       80

Do I need any rules to allow access to this web server from the LAN
subnet (192.168.1.0/24)?

As for Rules on the Opt1 Interface I was just planning on having this,
is this correct?

Rule on the Opt1 interface
Pass/Block   Proto    Source   Port   Destination   Port
   Pass        *        *       *          *         *

This rule should allow all traffic originating from the Opt1 subnet out
to any destination on any port, right? I could of course then restrict
what traffic is sent out from this subnet, right?

I hope someone out there can confirm my understanding of how this works
or set me in the right direction.

Thanks

Mark