[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris L." <bm underscore pro at yahoo dot co dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Access remote PPTP server through Monowall?
 Date:  Thu, 29 Sep 2005 11:09:12 +0100 (BST)
Hi people,

I am really sorry if this has been answered in the
past. I tried to find information regarding this issue
but I was unsuccessful.

The problem:
I have a monowall server at work (with also acts as a
PPTP server with predefined users and works very well.
Users can dial in to our company's network without any
problem.

When I am trying to dial (behind monowall) to remote
VPN PPTP server using the XP client..the connection
stops while saying "Verifying Username and
password..".
Eventually expires and says that there is no response
from the remote end.

The remote PPTP server works well if I try to connect
from home (no firewall at all-just a router which
allows VPN Passthrough).

It's been 3 days now and I can't figure out why. I am
not a networks expert but I've solved previous
monowall problems with ease....but not this one!

Please help!

Many thanks,

Chris