[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jason King <jking at informs dot com>
 To:  "Chris L." <bm underscore pro at yahoo dot co dot uk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Access remote PPTP server through Monowall?
 Date:  Thu, 29 Sep 2005 06:31:31 -0500
First, the VPN you are trying to get to from behind the m0n0wall. Are
you trying to connect to the m0n0wall VPN or another VPN outside your
LAN? Second, if you are not getting a response from the assumed REMOTE
VPN, make sure you are not egress filtering. Most firewalls are set to
allow all traffic from the LAN segment to go anywhere on any port. Just
make sure that is what you have running. If you think your XP client
might be on the DMZ side, you may be doing some egress filtering there.
Lastly, the remote VPN might be doing filtering and may be blocking your
request if you are not coming from the correct IP address. Double check
that with the remote VPN admin.

Jason