[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris L." <bm underscore pro at yahoo dot co dot uk>
 To:  Jason King <jking at informs dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Access remote PPTP server through Monowall?
 Date:  Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:25:20 +0100 (BST)
Hi Jason,

Thank you for the reply.

Some clarifications:

1)I'm the admin in both sites.
2)The VPN I'm trying to access is outside my LAN
(remote location).
3)Accessing that VPN from elsewhere gives me no
problems at all. Hence I don't have any IP
restrictions on that VPN.
The remote site VPN is based on a VIGOR 2600VG router:
http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/vigor2600v.html

4) On my site (@work) I have monowall with a very
basic configuration. Only a couple of open ports for
some applications and that's about it.
I haven't specifically instructed monowall to do
egress filtering.
Version: 1.1

My XP client is not on DMZ. It's just one of the hosts
that belong to the main LAN subnet.

I believe that PPTP request is reaching the remote
site but it cannot receive back a response from it.
This must be true because when I'connecting from home
the XP client works perfect.
At home there is only a router with NO Firewall.
Simple NAT setup...BUT I have enabled the option "VPN
Passthrough".

I presume that opening some ports will solve it.

Chris