[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Saferite <lee dot saferite at speedysigns dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  IPSec Dropouts
 Date:  Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:20:14 -0400
I'm having issues with IPSec not being able to connect after the cable
link it is connected to has problems.  Apparently the cable connection
to this location has some issues and the sync drops on the modem
frequently.  After enough times the modem reboots.  It seems to keep the
same IP address mostly though.  After the modem reboots, racoon is no
longer connecting back to the central office.  When the phase 2 expires,
it queues it while waiting for a phase 1.  But the phase 1 is never
happening.  I've checked the logs on the central m0nowall and there are
no requests being logged.  I have looked in the ML archives and found
nothing.  Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, how do I
fix it?

Thanks,
Lee

BTW: Due to the unpredictable nature of the event I have not been able
to find out if the IPSec connection is gone after a modem reboot, or if
it happens once the Phase 2 expires.