[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Melvin <melvin at sleepydragon dot net>
 To:  Jason King <jking at informs dot com>
 Cc:  Jonathan De Graeve <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] NAT question: redirect all outgoing SMTP to or own SMTP-server
 Date:  Thu, 29 Sep 2005 11:13:28 -0400
Jason King wrote:

>Hmm, I'd be interested in knowing how this is done too. I was at a hotel
>that did this once. Tried to send mail through my work mail server and
>everything destined for port 25 was redirected to their own mail server.
>Very cool.
>
>Jason
>
>Jonathan De Graeve wrote:
>

>>My situation:
>>
>>WLAN->M0n0wall captive gateway -> firewall -> smtp-server (x.y.z.10)
>>
>>I want to automatically redirect all outgoing packets destined to tcp
>>port 25 (smtp) to our own smtp-server port 25
>>
>>Can someone tell how I do this?
>>
>>J.

It would seem (really simple to seem though isn't it ) that this would
simply require a rule from LAN to ANY redirecting the desired port to
the appropriate machine.  This is in no way an indication that I've done
such a thing however, only that I would think that would be the way to
accomplish it. :)

Melvin