[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frank Zavelberg <fz at tianet135 dot ath dot cx>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Problem with 1.2b10: PPPoE causes router to stop responding
 Date:  Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:48:33 +0200
Hello!

I just found out about the m0n0wall project and am trying the latest
version 1.2b10. I'm using an old K6/2-300 with 64 MB RAM and a 64 MB
compact flash card. As NICs I have two old RTL8139 based network cards
in the PC.

Installation went all okay.

But as soon as after a fresh install I set the WAN mode to PPPoE in
the web config, the router stops responding. It would seem as if its
packet filter is blocking packets from my work PC, since the monowall
PC itself is still running fine, and when I do a ping test from MWs
console, it's working nicely too.

Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks in advance for help!

Regards,
Frank Zavelberg