[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] NAT question: redirect all outgoing SMTP to or own SMTP-server
 Date:  Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:41:04 -0400
On 9/29/05, Chris Bagnall <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc> wrote:

> I'd have to put it down as "very annoying" actually.

Agreed and it'd piss me off for sure, but I understand the necessity
of it for 99.9% of clueless users out there.

I recall something in the archives about somebody doing something
similar using a hacked NAT rule.

Like manually put something like this in your config.xml backup and restore it.

 <nat>
 <rule>
  <protocol>tcp</protocol>
  <external-port>25</external-port>
  <target>192.168.1.5</target>
  <local-port>25</local-port>
  <interface>lan</interface>
  <descr>redirect SMTP to LAN SMTP server</descr>
 </rule>
 </nat>

where 192.168.1.5 is your SMTP server.

That might really screw stuff up though, so test it thoroughly first
to make sure it has no unintended consequences (if it works at all).

If someone tries it, please let me know if it works.

-Chris