[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frank Zavelberg <fz at tianet135 dot ath dot cx>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem with 1.2b10: PPPoE causes router to stop responding
 Date:  Thu, 29 Sep 2005 22:43:38 +0200
Hello Chris Buechler,

>> But as soon as after a fresh install I set the WAN mode to PPPoE in
>> the  web  config,  the router stops responding. It would seem as if
>> its  packet  filter  is blocking packets from my work PC, since the
>> monowall PC itself is still running fine, and when I do a ping test
>> from MWs console, it's working nicely too.

>  are you connecting to it over the WAN side?

Nope,  via  the  LAN  interface. The WAN side is connected to the same
ethernet  switch,  that's  because  my  DSL  modem is connected to the
switch too.

It works all okay (ping, web interface and all) until I change the WAN
mode from DHCP to PPPoE (and set username+password of my ISP account).
As  soon  as  I  click  SAVE,  no further packets from the work PC are
accepted. Ping from MW to work PC still works fine though. :-?

Regards,
Frank