[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Extreemely slow performance on a net4801
 Date:  Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:46:27 -0400
On 9/29/05, Jason King <jking at informs dot com> wrote:
> Does your performance improve when using a m0n0wall installed on a PC
> with a few NIC's in it? Does it improve when you have just a router
> instead of a firewall? I notice that sis0 is autosensing a 10baseT
> connection

that's exactly what jumped out at me.  half duplex too.  What is sis0
connected to?  I'm guessing it's running at a forced 10 Mb full
duplex, and when you plug in m0n0wall, since the other end isn't
autonegotiating, it's sensing 10 Mb and assuming half duplex as any
compliant device will when autoneg is disabled on the other end.

I'd recommend setting whatever device is on the other side to auto
speed and duplex and that won't be an issue in the future with other
auto devices.

-Chris