[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Dave Fischer <dave dot fischer at ridgewater dot edu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SSL Captive portal problem
 Date:  Thu, 29 Sep 2005 22:50:02 +0200
On 29.09.05 15:04 -0500, Dave Fischer wrote:

> I've been having problems with the captive portal randomly dying
> when running it with SSL. It takes seemingly random amounts of time
> for this to happen, it could be a few hours or up  to a week.  I am
> running the PC based CDROM distribution.

> The full /status.php dump can be found here (IPs are masked)
> http://www.bold98.org/temp/m0n0-status-edited.htm

Your system log says:

/kernel: swap_pager_getswapspace: failed
/kernel: pid 56314 (php), uid 0, was killed: out of swap space

Looks like you're running out of memory, even though you have 64 MB
(which is usually enough). You could try adding more memory (if
possible) and see if the problem persists, but that's probably only a
stopgap measure. The best thing would be to run "truss" on the port
8001 mini_httpd process to find out what makes it die. You can get a
compiled FreeBSD 4.11 version of truss at
http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads/truss.

- Manuel