[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem with 1.2b10: PPPoE causes router to stop responding
 Date:  Thu, 29 Sep 2005 17:53:10 -0400
On 9/29/05, Frank Zavelberg <fz at tianet135 dot ath dot cx> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > It  would  seem the problem is caused by activating the option "Dial
> > on  demand".  As  soon as I turn that on, MW stops accepting packets
> > from  my  workstation.  Even  more, I wasnt able to trigger a system
> > reset  using  command  5 in the console anymore now, had to turn off
> > the  PC.  After  reboot  it complained about "XML Error: no m0n0wall
> > object found", and I have to reload the factory config.
>
> Trying  to  reload  the  factory  default  it  says  that the CF wasnt
> properly  unmounted, R/W mount was denied and I should run fsck. Well,
> time to reinstall the MW image on the CF I guess.

It's extremely unlikely for the CF to not get properly unmounted,
since it's only mounted rw for a very brief moment while the
configuration is being saved.  That makes me think something isn't
quite right with the CF or the adapter or something and the system
flipped out while trying to write the config.

not sure though, hopefully someone else can comment.

-Chris