[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem with 1.2b10: PPPoE causes router to stop responding
 Date:  Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:07:44 -0400
On 9/29/05, Frank Zavelberg <fz at tianet135 dot ath dot cx> wrote:
> > It's  extremely  unlikely  for the CF to not get properly unmounted,
> > since  it's  only  mounted  rw  for  a  very  brief moment while the
> > configuration is being saved.
>
> That  can  well  be.  When  I activated the Dial on Demand, the router
> stopped  accepting  packets from my workstation again, and when I then
> issued  the  reboot  command  on  the  console,  it stopped responding
> altogether.  Maybe  it crashed in the middle of the configuration save
> process?

yeah, mini_httpd crashing at that stage would probably cause that.
and would explain why you couldn't get back into the GUI.

Try to syslog off to another host while you replicate the problem and
see if you get any log messages.  that should tell you if something is
crashing since the network on the LAN side stays up.

-Chris