[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Intel NIC Card Model #s ??
 Date:  Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:27:40 -0400
On 9/29/05, Paul Taylor <PaulTaylor at winn dash dixie dot com> wrote:

> What about an "Intel PRO/1000 MT Quad Port Server Adapter"?

those use the em driver, and will work.

>  We were thinking of
> configuring Monowall for use as a business recovery firewall if it will
> support the hardware... (Dell Rack mount servers w/ SCSI drives)..  We need
> about 6 ports total.

If they have a PERC card, they won't work with m0n0wall without a
custom kernel as it lacks all RAID drivers, but the onboard SCSI are
ahc or ahd on all the Dells I have (2450, 2550, 2650, not sure on my
2850's), both of which are in the m0n0wall generic PC kernel.

-Chris