[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frank Zavelberg <fz at tianet135 dot ath dot cx>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re[2]: [m0n0wall] Problem with 1.2b10: PPPoE causes router to stop responding
 Date:  Fri, 30 Sep 2005 03:30:07 +0200
Hello!

> The  last  two  lines  are  remarkable.  It  would seem the monowall
> assigns  the  IP  address  10.0.0.1 to its WAN interface, and sets a
> route  entry  to  localhost  for  that  IP.  Okay  -  10.0.0.1 is my
> workstation.  No  wonder  that no packets get thru anymore then. Why
> would  it  use  an  actually  and  already  existing  IP for the WAN
> interface?

I  remember  something  similar from my main router, which is a fli4l.
When  the WAN interface goes down there, it assigns a dummy IP address
of  10.111.112.113  to  it.  Is  my  assumption correct that this is a
necessity,  and  monowall  unfortunately  uses  10.0.0.1  as  that  IP
address, colliding with my LAN?

--
Regards,
Frank