[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem with 1.2b10: PPPoE causes router to stop responding
 Date:  Thu, 29 Sep 2005 22:05:44 -0400
On 9/29/05, Frank Zavelberg <fz at tianet135 dot ath dot cx> wrote:

> I should note that I have another router in my LAN, which is acting as
> my main router, going by the IP 10.0.0.25. 10.0.0.1 is my workstation.
> But the second router SHOULD not be a problem, or is it?

Is m0n0wall's WAN plugged in behind that router?  If so, PPPoE
shouldn't be used unless that router is running a PPPoE server.  If
that's not the case, I would guess your ISP is giving you that
10.0.0.1 IP through PPPoE, possibly because they don't let you
authenticate with more than one PPPoE device simultaneously.  I'm not
really familiar with PPPoE though.

-Chris