[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: m0n0wall forums
 Date:  Fri, 30 Sep 2005 00:01:21 -0400
On 9/29/05, Max Khitrov <max at mxserve dot net> wrote:

> As of right now, it's read-only. I'm still making sure that e-mails are
> parsed correctly, that things like quotes are handled well, etc.
>
> Once the receiving portion is done, it won't take too long for me to
> implement the part that will post to the list when someone posts in the
> forum.

Don't do as DShield recently did with their forums, where all posts
come through as "forum user" so you never know who posted the message.
 That's ugly.  I'd prefer where only users who are subscribed to the
mailing list could post on the forums (hence it would come from their
address, rather than a generic forum address).

Ultimately that's all Manuel's decision though.  I wouldn't mind a web
forum like that integrated with the list, but I wouldn't want
everybody's posts to come from the same address.  Only way to work
around that is to only allow list subscribers access to the forum.

-Chris