[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Frank Zavelberg <fz at tianet135 dot ath dot cx>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re[2]: [m0n0wall] Problem with 1.2b10: PPPoE causes router to stop responding
 Date:  Fri, 30 Sep 2005 10:10:13 +0200

> Is  m0n0wall's  WAN  plugged  in  behind  that  router?

Nope, it's plugged in parallel to that router. All my machines and the
DSL  modem  are  connected  to  one  large  ethernet (comprised of two

> If so, PPPoE shouldn't be used unless that router is running a PPPoE
> server. If that's not the case, I would guess your ISP is giving you
> that

Nope  I  get  a  static 85.* IP from the ISP, but only thru PPPoE. The
other  router wouldn't "forward" that address to other devices. As for
the  simultaneous  logins:  I'm  using  different  accounts on the two
routers, so connect should work okay. In fact it does - I could see in
the log that it connected successfully. :)