[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frank Zavelberg <fz at tianet135 dot ath dot cx>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re[2]: [m0n0wall] Problem with 1.2b10: PPPoE causes router to stop responding
 Date:  Fri, 30 Sep 2005 10:10:13 +0200
Hello!

> Is  m0n0wall's  WAN  plugged  in  behind  that  router?

Nope, it's plugged in parallel to that router. All my machines and the
DSL  modem  are  connected  to  one  large  ethernet (comprised of two
switches).

> If so, PPPoE shouldn't be used unless that router is running a PPPoE
> server. If that's not the case, I would guess your ISP is giving you
> that 10.0.0.1

Nope  I  get  a  static 85.* IP from the ISP, but only thru PPPoE. The
other  router wouldn't "forward" that address to other devices. As for
the  simultaneous  logins:  I'm  using  different  accounts on the two
routers, so connect should work okay. In fact it does - I could see in
the log that it connected successfully. :)

--
Regards,
Frank