[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frank Zavelberg <fz at tianet135 dot ath dot cx>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re[2]: [m0n0wall] Problem with 1.2b10: PPPoE causes router to stop responding
 Date:  Fri, 30 Sep 2005 10:17:17 +0200
Hello!

> So to get this right you have
> Internet<----Main Router (10.0.0.25)<------(10.0.0.1)M0n0wall
> (10.0.0.35)<----Workstaion(10.0.0.1)?

No, it's like this:

Switch --+--- DSL-Modem -------------------- Internet
  |      |
  |      +--- Server (10.0.0.10)
  |      |
  |      +--- Fli-Router (10.0.0.25)
  |      |
  |      +--- Dad's workstation (10.0.0.5)

Switch --+--- My Workstation (10.0.0.1)

         +--- MW-Testrouter (10.0.0.35)

         +--- Notebook (10.0.0.2)

         +--- WLAN Access Point

So,  it all forms one big ethernet. The MW-router can directly see the
DSL-modem  for PPPoE. I just called it "main router" cause I wanted to
test  MW  parallel  to  my "real" router, as not to interrupt internet
connection  to  my  server while doing so. It's not meant to get an IP
from the Fli-router (though it probably does so when its WAN is set to
DHCP).  But  the Fli won't give it the 10.0.0.1 via DHCP, the range is
set to 10.0.0.100-10.0.0.199.

--
Regards,
Frank