[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Henrik Sigfrid" <xayide at bredband dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  vmxnet on ESX with m0n0wall
 Date:  Fri, 30 Sep 2005 22:12:17 +0200
Hi!

Anyone care to help out building the latest 1.2b10 image with vmxnet
drivers?

Also I have a question about stability in ESX, I noticed it takes a lot of
restarting before it can load inside a VM on ESX. 9 out of 10 times the
initial m0n0wall boot locks right after it says sis0 16550N port something.

I think it is right before the entry Bridge 820xx.

Another thing is that it seems to behave unstable because sometimes it can
be running for  3-4 weeks but after that it may only run for 4-5 hours then
it shuts down or reboots by itself. The timer after it may ran for several
weeks again.

This happens with all m0n0wall inside vmware for me. Anyone got any leads on
how to fix this. Maybe some tweaks in the VM-config file?

//Henrik