[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dr. Nadine Besson <nadibes at yahoo dot fr>
 To:  svanggaard at hotmail dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Trafficshaper does not exactly what I want (Speed problem)
 Date:  Sat, 1 Oct 2005 10:53:30 +0200
Hello Soren,
hi all,

> If your using VoIP, you should allocate dedicated  pipes to get the best QoS.

How can I dedicate about 85 kbit/s (out of 140 kbit/s) outbound traffic
for VoIP, while not loosing this part for the other outbound traffic clients?

My problem is not VoIP btw, but the dramatic loss of download
(inbound) speed, if an constant ftp upload takes place.

My temperory solution was (as I wrote in my first posting) that
I set the outbound pipe to 100 kbit/s but doing so I constantly
loose about 40 kbit/s for all the other pipes too.

Is there a way to set the ftp server (90.0.0.87) to a dedicated
upload (outbound) pipe which is active if a download (inbound traffic)
takes place?

Again it is important however, that the ftp should get full speed
(140 kbit/s) if no download (inbound) traffic takes place.

How can I do that?

Thanks again,
Nadine