[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Soren Vanggaard Jensen" <svanggaard at hotmail dot com>
 To:  nadibes at yahoo dot fr
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Trafficshaper does not exactly what I want (Speed problem)
 Date:  Sat, 01 Oct 2005 09:09:52 +0000
If have a 2,3Mbps synchronous connection, hence dedicated pipes is an option
for me.

It sounds like tcp acknowledgement packets are delayed in your case. Try to
prioritize outbound acknowledgement packets destined for the ftp connection.
Also you could try to reduce the MTU size. It takes a while to send 1500
bytes on a  140kbps connection.

BR