[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  "Otis Surratt Jr." <listacc at ocosa dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Setting Up Rules for Transparent Firewall
 Date:  Sat, 1 Oct 2005 15:18:00 +0100
Hi,

In message <433CB737 dot 2080202 at ocosa dot com>, Otis Surratt Jr.
<listacc at ocosa dot com> writes
>I was wondering why the rules I setup on the firewall doesn't work? I
>have monowall 1.2b10 running in bridge mode. I have a router -> switch
>-> m0n0wall -> switch -> customers. The last switch gets it's internet
>only b/c of the opt1 interface on the m0n0wall. So technically the
>rules should work for anything behind the firewall right? Well it's
>not! Help! :) Do the rules need to be done on the wan inteface or the
>opt1 interface?

You'll need to make sure that you've checked the 'Enable filtering
bridge' box under System | Advanced for the rules to have any effect.

HTH,

                                Neil.

--
Neil A. Hillard                E-Mail:   neil at dana dot org dot uk
                               Web:      http://www.dana.org.uk/