[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andreas Schaefer" <AndiSHFR at gmx dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  how to add additional sw to the cd-rom version to be offered via http
 Date:  Sun, 2 Oct 2005 00:00:36 +0200 (MEST)
Hi.

I'm using m0n0wall (cdrom-version) now for a long time in a bunch of
machines with great success.

We often have to setup new pc and i wonder if it is possible to place some
more software on the cd-rom version that can be downloaded from the monowall
system (ie. putty, service packs, knowledge-base pages, how-to's,
ports-tarball, src-tarball, distfiles, ... ).

On the cd there is plenty of space and it would save our bandwidth if people
could use the m0n0wall-system as a repository for the downloads.

Any ideas how to do this?
Do i have to build up my own version?
I saw a page wich describes building m0n0 from scratch.
Can i take a cd-rom release, split the contents (i.e. iso buster) and
reassemble a new cd with sw on it?
How do i map the dir structure into the httpd?

Any hints are welcome.

Maybe a second cd-rom drive with all the apps that will be mounted and
mapped to the httpd...

Greetings
Andreas