[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ed Chatlos" <edchat at bellsouth dot net>
 To:  "M0n0Wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  FTP server behind M0n0wall
 Date:  Sun, 2 Oct 2005 20:15:58 -0400
Hi all this is my first post to the list.
Ok I have browsed the archives and can't find anything that seems to fit the
problem I'm having.
I'm running 1.2b10 on a Dell Optiplex GX240 SFF with a 1.7 P4 CPU 256MB RAM
and a 32MB flash card. One NIC is built in, 3Com, and the other is a SMC.

The problem is I open the port for FTP, 21, in NAT and have m0n0 create the
firewall rule for it. But when I try to connect to my FTP server from
another location it connects but I get no list of the available folder and
files. I have tried with 2 different PC and with a FTP client and Windows
IE. I get the same result, it says I'm connected but I get no folder or file
list. If I use my Zyxel Zywall2 or 5 as the gateway and firewall I connect
and get a list of folder and files.
I'm running the latest BulletProof server and like I said I have no trouble
connecting to it when the Zyxels are used.

Thanks

Ed Chatlos