[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Memmott at HitCatcher.com" < at >
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Installing M0n0wall on consumer firewall?
 Date:  Mon, 3 Oct 2005 16:46:21 -0400
Hi all,

Hope this question hasn't been beaten to death - Is there a way to install
m0n0wall on a consumer firewall box, such as a Linksys, Belkin, etc? I'd
build one myself, but the parts seem so expensive compared to the price of a
store-bought firewall, that it's just easier to buy a store-bought one and
re-flash it. I was going to buy a Linksys BEFVP41 VPN router for $120, but
it turns out that it doesn't support PPTP or L2TP natively. If I could build
or procure a M0n0wall solution for a similar price, I'd be all over that.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks!