[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Keith Hatfull <keith at hatfull dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  1.2b10...blows me away.
 Date:  Tue, 04 Oct 2005 02:05:43 -0500
Wow...just for fun I upgraded my test/play/get-used-to-m0n0 box to
1.2b10.  I'm not usually much for beta software but I gotta tell
you....this is just amazing.

At a client today I had to setup a IPSec VPN between two CyberGuard
boxes and set a static route in a SonicWall to use it (remote office
installation and the CyberGuard and Sonicwall didn't like to play IPSec
nicely).

After playing around in both product's GUIs for 30 minutes each or so,
it's obvious to me how much more advanced m0n0 is.  I quite frankly
can't believe that this is open source software.

Hopefully, I'll have another client sometime soon that needs to deploy a
new firewall.  I had been recommending CyberGuards (still a decent bang
for the buck in a commercial product)...I will now try to do a m0n0
deployment.

Manuel, et. al. my hat's off to you.  This is awesome work.

-Keith