[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Ipsec assistance
 Date:  Tue, 4 Oct 2005 08:22:54 -0500
Brett Rizk wrote:
> I am trying to allow Microsoft Outlook access via an IPSEC tunnel
> using
> SafeNet SoftRemote LT.
>

> My internal LAN is 192.168.168.0 MASK 255.255.255.0. I followed the
> excellent instructions included in Chapter 13, and can successfully
> connect to the MONOWALL. I am able to ping and reach internal hosts
> internal hosts(such as RDC to various servers).
>

> I cannot connect to Outlook while using Sprint EVDO wireless card. A
> look at the firewall log shows the routable IP I am assigned(70.x.x.x)
> being blocked from accessing port 135 on 192.168.168.5(the Exchange
> server). I opened port 135 to 192.168.168.5, (yes, I closed it! It was
> only for a test) to no avail.

My initial reaction is that the tunnel is not up when you open Outlook.
Does SoftRemote show a key on the systray icon (indicates the connection
is up...)? You may need to manually connect before launching Outlook. I
have had problems in the past the "auto connect" mechanism in both
SonicWall's and Netgear's branded SoftRemote clients not doing its job.

James W. McKeand