[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Graham Allan <allan at physics dot umn dot edu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b10...blows me away.
 Date:  Tue, 4 Oct 2005 16:28:48 -0500
On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 02:10:41PM -0500, Lee Sharp wrote:

> Perhaps we need to start a fresh "Good hardware and sources with prices"
> thread?  Always handy, and changes enough to justify a new one every so
> often...

Don't know if anyone might find this interesting. We recently got a
linux thin client for testing out. NTA 6010A from www.ntavo.com, $149.

If you look inside, it seems like it would make an excellent m0n0wall
system. 433MHz VIA EDEN CPU, 64MB RAM, 64M CF disk, and all the
standard PC interfaces. It only has one ethernet port, but it does
(amazingly, I thought) have a single slot PCI riser. The PSU is even
internal, so no messy power bricks. I haven't tried installing m0n0wall
on it yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

At present I'm running m0n0wall on a retired Lucent Brick 80, which
works perfectly - it just needed a larger memory dimm.

Graham