[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Wesley K. Joyce" <wjoyce at uvi dot edu>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0wall 1.2b9 just started deny requests
 Date:  Tue, 4 Oct 2005 17:26:31 -0400
Greetings list, we have a m0n0wall PC with 2 NICs that serves as a lab
router.  There is one rule on each interface that allows any protocol
from any source to any destination.  Today, about an hour ago, the
router stopped allowing any access to our Squid Proxy (TCP port 8080)
that is outside of the m0n0wall.  There are dozens of PC behind the LAN
interface of the m0n0wall, but only entries for one PC showing a red X
for access to the Squid Proxy server on port 8080.  We rebooted
monowall, even added an explicit rule to the squid proxy server IP and
port and that didn't help.  There was no evidence of what was causing
the problem.  The odd thing is that you could telnet from the same
computers behind the LAN interface to the IP and Port # of the Squid
Proxy Server and Squid Proxy port.  Unfortunatlely, we have to remove
m0n0wall from service and put back the original router m0n0wall
replaced.

WHAT GIVES?